The AFL Commission has announced a number of changes for the Bombers and other teams affected by the CAS hearing heading into next season.
- Essendon will be allowed to upgrade all their rookies to their senior list. Gach Nyuon, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Tom Wallis, Conor McKenna and Will Hams.
- Essendon will be able to make up to ten signings of "top-up" players for the 2016 season.
- The contracts of the suspended players at the Bombers will remain inside the salary cap
- However, the AFL will allow extra cap room to pay the top up players for 2016.
- Melbourne, St Kilda, Port Adelaide and Western Bulldogs will be able to immediately upgrade a rookie to their senior list.
- Jobe Watson's Brownlow Medal will be reviewed in February, with Watson given the opportunity to address the commission.