Experienced top-up ruckman Mark Jamar could be in line for his first AFL match with Essendon as the Bombers ponder how best to counter North Melbourne star Todd Goldstein.
The 32-year-old Jamar - who earned All-Australian selection back in 2010 with former club Melbourne - has been building his form and match fitness in the VFL.
Former Brisbane Lion Matthew Leuenberger has shouldered the bulk of the ruck duties for the depleted Bombers so far in 2016, but coach John Worsfold is toying with the option of a two-pronged ruck set-up against the imposing Goldstein.
"His VFL form has been outstanding," said Worsfold of 155-game veteran Jamar on Wednesday.
"He's been building.
"Obviously it was about match fitness for him and he's really showing that now."
Young guns Darcy Parish and Kyle Langford are likely to be recalled for Saturday night's clash against the undefeated Kangaroos, having been rested for last weekend's heavy loss to Sydney.
The Bombers were lifted by the news that David Myers had become the fourth of their players currently serving season-long WADA bans to sign a new contract.
Myers, 26, sounded out several teammates before agreeing to a three-year deal which will keep him at the club until the end of 2019.
"He had his chat with all the players to find out how they found things and he was rapt with the response," said Worsfold.
"It shows we're on the right path and closer to where we want to get to."
The other banned Bombers to have re-signed are Cale Hooker, Travis Colyer and Heath Hocking, with others set to join them in the coming weeks.